Powder metallurgy is the technology to produce the metal or alloy blank in a way that place the mixed metal powder or alloy powder into the die and press it with high pressure to get a shaped block, then sinter it in a sintering furnace. The powder metallurgy die is a die used during that production process, of which the core material is tungsten carbide.
Some parts made by powder metallurgy mold manufacturing:
1. Bearings: generally the self - embellished bearings, can be permeated with graphite or oil.
2. Precision machinery or instrument components.
3. Filter: Filter gas or liquid components.
4. Magnetic parts: soft magnetic or hard magnetic materials.
5. Jewelry industry, for example man-made diamond.
Betalent offers carbide die nibs for powder metallurgy dies listed above, carbide die nibs can be as sintered condition, or precise ground as per drawings. We work closely with tens powder metallurgy dies factories in China, can offer you the technology support in the die making process.